Friday, 9 September 2016

Lifestyle | Why I'm reading less of what everyone else is reading

Hi everyone! So today's post is about how I am trying to read more of what I want to read and not what other people have read and raved about. When I think about it, I probably read about 50% if not more of books that other people have raved about and the rest of what I actually want to read. I will only read books that I want to read even if other people have raved about them. However, sometimes I don't enjoy the same books as everyone else. This is the point of this post. I want to explain why I want to read less of whatever everyone else is reading.

A prime example of this is reasons to stay alive by Matt Haig. I had heard about it a while ago as a lot of people were talking about how good it is and I just thought I should read it to see what the hype is about. However, after reading a few pages I started to have doubts that I would actually enjoy it. In all honesty I'm not the biggest lover of non fiction. I have read some non fiction books in the past that I have loved like gok wan's autobiography and Carrie Fletchers book and I wouldn't necessarily not read non fiction in the past but my preference will always be fiction.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't read books that everyone else has read as I am currently reading the Harry Potter series and everyone else has read them. What I am saying is that I am not wanting to jump straight on a bandwagon when it comes to books especially when they become the new thing in the bloggersphere. I would much rather read books because I want to read them than what other people have loved which makes me feel like I need to read it just to understand the hype. The newest book fad is the little book of hygge but it just doesn't seem like my thing so I'm less inclined to read it and I won't read it just because every man and his dog is obsessed with it. If you have any feelings you want to share, feel free to comment below.

Thanks for reading!

Abbie. X

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I can totally agree, I see some books get very trendy very quickly and I'd rather look around before putting so much on one book! I also have really loved the new Harry Potter book X

    ReplyDelete

© Very Berry Me | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig