Friday, 19 August 2016

Lifestyle | Why so negative?

Hi everyone. So this isn't something I normally do on my blog but this is a needed exception. I just felt I needed to put my feelings out about situations that just shouldn't be happening. Recently people, mainly bloggers, have become super negative and straight up rude and nasty about other bloggers. It has happened on a couple of occasions this week and it's happened in the past and it's pretty unfair for the people who don't deserve the hate.

The most recent incident was around the bloggers blog awards. An individual had called out someone on their behaviour from like a month ago and said because of it they didn't deserve their nomination which was unfair. I saw the original situation and it had been twisted by the individual to make it seem like the person was being awful for no apparent reason and picking on a particular group of bloggers which was not the case. They were being awful about the fact Hayley, the creator of the awards, hadn't included their niche so the individual had said what she said to defend Hayley, not as an unnecessary comment about bloggers from a particular niche like this individual was trying to make out. Also, another situation occurred where someone said that they didn't understand why people got so invested in it and that it wasn't a big deal which was a bit wrong as well because although she was trying to say that it didn't matter so much if you didn't get nominated but she made it sound more negative than positive.

Yeah, don't get me wrong I was a little gutted that I didn't make the short list, who knows if I even got any votes but I am still happy for people who did make it onto the short list and I don't feel like I should be calling people out and saying that they don't deserve their nomination. It's not only unfair to the bloggers who have worked hard to get their nomination but also to Hayley as she has worked so hard to make the awards a thing and to all the judges who put their time and effort in to shortlist the nominations. I think the worst thing about these sorts of situations is that Twitter is becoming a really negative place especially amongst the blogging community and it's not fair. The blogging community is supposed to support one another, not be negative about each other

I'm not saying that you have to be all rainbows and sunshine all the time, I'm definitely not but at the same time there needs to be more of that when it comes to the blogging community. It's unnecessary drama that doesn't need to be happening and people don't go on Twitter to read negative tweets and it's hard to see as it doesn't make others feel good especially when it's about other bloggers and their hard work. I think the takeaway message here is that Twitter needs to become a more positive space amongst bloggers and it sounds awful but I feel people who can't be supportive of other bloggers don't deserve support themselves. I also don't want to offend anyone and cause more Twitter drama, I just felt this needed to be said. If you have anything to say, please feel free to share in the comments even if it is negative.

Also, I am making it my mission to bring positivity back to social media and so should you!

Thanks for reading!

Abbie. X

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Very Berry Me | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig